Friday, February 17, 2012

My Purpose


Creating... is NOT a piece of cinch! I wonder how God did it. Man! It requires passion, ideas, source, inspiration, endurance, and definitely time. I have read about the great Shakespeare. How did he manage to write such a colossal range of texts, which, by the way, are not just texts but holy books. He certainly had a craving for creating lives out of his characters. Creation, for them (the writers), was a pure phenomenon, just like music is to Lata Mangeshkar. I’ve heard that she starts her day with prayers and ‘riyaz’; nothing is more important to her than her music. She doesn’t sing to please others; in fact, she knows that each art form is purgatory and so she does her bit by making people let loose of all their anxieties and just relax with the help of her voice. That is her ‘Purpose’; her life’s calling; something that makes her happy. It’s like meditation.
That is what I intend to do too with my writing. 

3 comments:

  1. How effortlessly you have defined "Purpose" for one's living or life. I completely agree with you, I feel at ease, relaxed when I read your work.
    I hope you keep this space alive!
    You definitely have got one ardent follower girl! :)

    P.S. I remember Othello whenever I think about The Shakespeare. It was one of my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank U for the nyc commnts ..waise tu muje criticiz bi kar skti hai ! won't mind it seriously ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meghz i jus dnt knw how to subscribe to more ppl ..i realy wanna read diffrnt stuf but how do i get to see it ?!

    ReplyDelete