Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Barren memories in a barren land…


I had a struggle, a struggle with self last night
Had another sleepless night
A baggage of memories, of him, that I was carrying
A burden of questions, unanswered
Some raised eyebrows and some inquisitive expressions
Those deep black pupils, evil
Those hairy white fingers, cold
His words, deceiving
  His silence, misleading
DISGUST is what the coward oozed
Excuses he made maintaining the cool
I let him free but tied myself
Became Orpheus, got stuck in Hell
Now each day passes snapping that deal
No amount of indulgence makes me heal

Last night I put all of them, all his reminiscences in a leather bag
I threw it in a dig, covered it with the soil
Buried it in the ground; no more toil.
Beheld it as the time passed by
Nothing grew out of it, not even a plant
Barren memories in a barren land                                                                            -i_duft

2 comments:

  1. You know the best part was..I could visualize this.. :-) ..Very well composed and I am a fan of your Poems as well now :D ..

    Sometimes the best thing you can do with your past is to bury it. :-)

    much love, Megha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank U sooo much :)
      in case u havn't realised sumthin ..the two things( this poem n a prose) which i wrote happened only after u told me that u had written sumthin. U r my new inspiration Meghz ..Thank u for being there alwayz :))

      Luv n hugs

      Delete